Connecting Spotify and other music apps to Waze is simple; listen to your music and playlists right through the navigation app
It is possible to connect Spotify to Waze and start listening to music and playlists through the navigation app, using a very simple procedure. The feature is free for all users of the music app (even those on the free plan) and allows you to play audio without having to switch applications. See how to connect Spotify and Waze.
How to connect Spotify to Waze
Waze is compatible with a large number of music applications and, once connected, it is possible to control them from within the navigation app, without the need to switch between apps. The user only needs to install the music app they want to use with Waze on their mobile phone first, so that they can find it and offer integration.
Waze supports the following music apps available on iPhone and Android:
- MX Music course;
- NPR One (Android only);
- NRJ Radio;
- TuneIn (normal and Pro);
- YouTube Music.
The method for connecting any music app is always the same, regardless of which one is chosen. In this example, we will explain how to connect Spotify to Waze.
- Open Waze and tap the icon in the form of a musical note;
- Touch the Spotify icon;
- Waze will ask you to open Spotify, tap “Open”;
- In Spotify, the app will ask you to open Waze, tap “Open”;
- The music app and Waze will be connected;
- Tap “Open Spotify” to start playing songs and playlists.
To access Spotify through Waze, touch the app icon on the main screen, which will replace the musical note. Unlike what happens with YouTube Music, the ability to listen to Spotify songs within Waze is available to all users, whether they are on the free plan or Spotify Premium subscribers.
To switch between music apps connected to Waze, do the following:
- Touch the app icon connected to Waze on the main screen;
- Touch “Audio apps”, “Settings”;
- Tap “Disconnect” next to the connected app;
- Go back to the previous screen and select another app installed on the phone.
If the application is not installed on your phone, you can access the Apple App Store or Google Play Store from within Waze. Either way, the compatible music app must be installed and configured on the iPhone or Android.